The Highlights of PSX 2016
The Highlights of PSX 2016
This weekend Sony held its now annual Playstation conference (PSX) in Anaheim, California announcing new games, showcasing new trailers for upcoming games and showing new gameplay.
PSX 2016’s keynote was filled with announcements and kicked things off with the official reveal of the rumoured Marvel vs Capcom game titled Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite scheduled for release in late 2017. The following cinematic trailer shows Mega Man, Ryu, Iron Man and Captain Marvel:
A gameplay trailer was later revealed at the Capcom Cup held at PSX:
In addition, 2011’s Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom is available now on PS4.
Sony showed a new trailer for Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, a remastering of the first three games coming to PS4 in 2017:
There was plenty of exciting Naughty Dog news too with the reveal of Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, a standalone chapter in which you play as Chloe Frazier, a prominent character from the series introduced in Uncharted 2. You can see the full gameplay demo below:
Perhaps the biggest announcement though was confirmation that Naughty Dog are working on The Last of Us Part II. The trailer below shows the return of an older, more unhinged Ellie and Joel. A few details have been revealed by game director Neil Druckmann – the story will be told from Ellie’s perspective and see players take control of her rather than Joel. You can see the cinematic reveal below:
There was a new trailer for Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom, the JRPG sequel developed by Level-5 which showcased more of the story and a first look at gameplay:
Those are just some of the biggest reveals at PSX 2016 but here are the rest of the announcements:
- The Wipeout Omega Collection is coming to PS4 next summer bringing together Wipeout HD, Fury and 2048.
- Resident Evil VII has a new trailer and news that the demo has been updated again for a final time.
- Starship battling is coming to PS4 in 2017 in the form of Dreadnought which is currently in beta on PC.
- Playstation cult classics like PaRappa the Rapper, Patapon and LocoRoco are being remastered for PS4 and a demo of PaRappa the Rapper is available to play now.
- A number of titles are now available on the Playstation Store including Let it Die, Mother Russia Bleeds and Garou: Mark of the Wolves PS4, Surgeon Simulator on Playstation VR and Lara Croft Go on PS4 and PS Vita.
- Platformer and launch title Knack is getting a sequel featuring two player co-op.
- RPG Nier: Automata is coming on March 7, 2017 to PS4.
- Resogun developer Housemarque unveiled twin-stick shooter Nex Machina.
- Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony is coming to PS4 with new locations and characters.
- 2006’s Japanese RPG Ys Origin is coming to the West on PS4 and Vita on February 21, 2017.
- A holiday themed event titled The Dawning is coming to Destiny: Rise of Iron players which sees the return of Sparrow racing and new modes.
You can see more on each announcement on the Playstation Blog.
What were your favourite announcements at PSX 2016?
Let me know by commenting below this page.