Nintendo Announces First DLC For Breath of the Wild
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild‘s First DLC Announced
The first DLC pack for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild titled The Master Trials launches this summer and contains the following:
- Trial of the Sword – As a reward for this trial, Link will unlock the true power of the Master Sword which will always be in its glowing powered up state. The trial consists of 45 rooms that Link must clear of enemies starting off with no armour or weapons.
- Hard Mode – In hard mode, enemies will slowly regain health during battle and the ranks of enemies will be increased. Players can also find tough enemies that they would not find in normal mode. Enemies in hard mode are harder to sneak up on and there are floating platforms scattered throughout Hyrule that Link can navigate to in order to fight enemies and collect treasure.
- Travel Medallion – A new treasure chest will appear in the world and contains a travel medallion. This will allow players to create a temporary travel point on the map where they are currently standing. Only one travel point can be registered at a time.
- Korok Mask – When equipped Koroks become easier to locate as the mask will shake.
- New Equipment – Eight new pieces of equipment inspired by previous characters and games in the series.
- Hero’s Path Mode – A new feature is being added to help players work out where they’ve yet to explore. The Hero’s Path Mode will track every step the players take and mark it on the map as a trail.
Finally, users can experience the game in another audio language, including Japanese with English subtitles as part of a free update available now.
The Master Trials DLC is only available as part of a bundle with the second piece of DLC, details of which will be revealed in the future but Nintendo states that it will be coming Holiday 2017.
What do you think of the first DLC for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild? The Hero’s Path Mode certainly sound neat to me.
For more on Nintendo you can see my initial impressions of the Nintendo Switch and its potential or check out what’s included in the Shovel Knight Switch version.
Let me know your thoughts by commenting below.